Friday, February 20, 2009

ATTN: Every MeneoCecus Member

Recently I have noticed certain behaviors and actions from Linkshell members. Now I am all for joking around and having fun but when it comes time for an event, I demand every player in the party to perform to Linkshell standards. Let me explain what I mean by this.

1. Unless you were told you’re the puller - DO NOT PULL!

2. If you are a BLM, RNG, or anything that deals spike damages from afar – LET THE TANK GAIN HATE BEFORE YOU AM2, SIDEWINDER, OR OTHER HATE STEALING ABILITYS YOU WANT TO EXECUTE. If you must cast AM2, sidewinder, etc, at the start of a fight, please ensure you’re next to the mob, so that the mob does not run off ruining any skillchains. It’s very frustrating to the front line players when they are forced to chase a mob because a back line player is incapable of managing hate.

3. If you need to go AFK for any reason, even if it is only for a moment, PLEASE SAY SO! I loathe unannounced AFKs with a passion.

4. If you are only in the Linkshell 2 times a month, do not expect to gain anything anytime soon. First, I’m going to gear players who are full time in the Linkshell. Meaning, if you are a player wanting Homam gear and only show up for Limbus, you are last on the list.

5. If you were asked to come on a mage job for crowd control. Make sure to sleep the mobs and keep them slept. No one asked you to nuke, pull or heal, JUST DO WHAT YOU WERE TOLD.

There are more than just these five things but you get the general idea. There has been a serious lack in effort from the members. Take this as the first warning. If I feel that you are holding the Linkshell back, more then you are helping, then I am afraid that I will have to start trimming the fat. I care for every member of the Linkshell very much but if I need to “kill one to save a few”, then by all means I will.

I cannot do this alone. I need every members help so we can move on to other events. If we can't get through a simple limbus area without at least 2 players taking advantage of the group in some way then we will never improve. This problem needs to stop here and now.

I NEED EVERY MEMBER OF THE LINKSHELL TO POST A COMMENT ON THE BLOG SO I CAN VERIFY WHO RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE. PLEASE POST A COMMENT IN THE COMMENT SECTION, DO NOT USE THE SHOUT FOR ME BOX. THIS WILL LET ME KNOW WHO ACTUALLY PAID ATTENTION.

8 comments:

CourierCarrie said...

READ!

●●●●●●●●● said...

Read the post. I apologize for over casting last limbus. I just got back from 3 weeks of travel and was tired and a little rusty. However, E's comments to me were not appreciated. We all play this game to have fun and not be belittled and berated. Also, I travel often for work now. I make events as often as I can and if the ls is doing something and I can help with, if I am on-line, I always do. I have been with you guys since the rpg days and some of you even longer. I consider you all my friends and you make my gaming experience more pleasurable; however, if you feel I am not pulling my weight let me know and I will leave. May be I am reading too much into this post but I feel it is heavily directed at me. Nough said.
Okimar
GO GATORS SEMPER FIDELIS

Byany said...

i will speak to enna about how he voices his opinions to make them a tad more professional when he is being serious. the entire point of this blog post is to get our team to to the next level, we will never reach that if we do not work together.

Ennayram said...

Read.

In response to Oki. I have kept my mouth shut to/about/because of you for MONTHS. This crap about being rusty after getting back from being away for awhile is just that...crap. Your overnuking has been a topic of joke and ridicule as long as I have been in the shell. The other night was just too much. Stop being a tool and play the game like we all know you can and then everyone will get along fine.
I will do my best to restrain myself and talk pro to everyone when necessary but sometimes, being nice just won't get through to people.
I'm all about having fun in this game but I will also speak up when people are just being idiots, wasting peoples time and generally not caring about the efforts others are trying to make.
If you wanna goof off, do it on your own time instead of the LS's when we are trying to get something done for the good of the group.

Byany said...

Enna is right, when it comes to the good of the group, everyone needs to perform at top level standards. Now i dont agree with how he voiced his opinion but message is clear and correct.

Now to Oki, please don't think this post is directed just to you. In fact, its directed at 90% of the LS. Everyone is guilty in one way or another, myself and Enna included.

Anonymous said...

alright read it

Anonymous said...

Will keep all that in mind at all ls events

-Silkitty

Anonymous said...

Pie agrees with post. Pie agrees with apples combined with cinnamon. Pie believes that pie has worked hard for anyone to just walk up to Pie and cut out a piece. Pie does not like knives nor spoons! Sporks are ok because Pie enjoys taking it from outsiders. Pie likes ice cream - Chocolate, Vanilla, and PeanutButter intercourse. Pie thanks you for listening.